Looking to work for a award-winning and growing company that’s big on culture and takes pride in delivering quality products for its customers?
Join our team! | Current Openings
A multiple Best Places to Work in WNY and Fast Track Fastest Growing Small Business in WNY award recipient, Sherex is manufacturer of world class fasteners that are used by some of largest companies in the world. We have a variety of positions open at any given time, including engineering, warehouse operations, and manufacturing operations.
We’re always looking for quality talent to join our team, email your resume to email@example.com.
- Competitive pay
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Health care, vision, dental, group life insurance and long-term disability
- Generous matching 401k
- Work environment that believes in cross department support
- Extensive training and growth opportunities
- Leadership and management that supports YOU!
Davenport Machine Team Leader
Job Posting: 8/19/2021
Join the team at Sherex Fastening Solutions as a Davenport Machine Operator in Akron, Ohio! Sherex’s Akron manufacturing facility has a proven history manufacturing world class fastening products to a variety of industries. Their facility in Akron has over 30 machines that help cut, tap, form, and sort a wide-range of “Made in the USA” fasteners and rivet nuts for many major Fortune 500 manufacturers and government entities, including the Department of Defense.
Relocation assistance is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for machining of components using Davenport multi-spindle screw machines while following all documented procedures, including safety procedures.
- Proficiency in operating more than one Davenport at one time.
- Ability to replace basic tools such as drilling, shaving, forming, and tapping.
- Ability to read basic part drawing, measure product using micrometer, calipers, thread gages, pin gages, microscope, and comparator.
- Ability to properly identify and retrieve tools for the schedule job.
- Ability to properly load material into bar feeders.
- Ability to turn on and off the machine. Run it at full speed and stop to load material.
- Ability to refill lubricating oil and lube to proper level.
- Ability to remove chips and scraps from machine to maintain machine operation.
- Follow and maintain a tooling inventory management system.
- Ability to perform minor preventive maintenance. Lube and clean out chips on spindle components, gear, and cam sets.