Looking to work for a award-winning and growing company that’s big on culture and takes pride in delivering quality products for its customers?
Join our team! | Current Openings
A multiple Best Places to Work in WNY and Fast Track Fastest Growing Small Business in WNY award recipient, Sherex is manufacturer of world class fasteners that are used by some of largest companies in the world. We have a variety of positions open at any given time, including engineering, warehouse operations, and manufacturing operations.
We’re always looking for quality talent to join our team, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive pay
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Health care, vision, dental, group life insurance and long-term disability
- Generous matching 401k
- Work environment that believes in cross department support
- Extensive training and growth opportunities
- Leadership and management that supports YOU!
Engineering Technician – Tooling and Automation
Job Posting: 6/28/2022
The Tooling and Automation Technician role is the single point of accountability for construction and support of Sherex process monitoring systems.
The Tooling and Automation Technician will work with customers and suppliers on tooling applications requiring technical support. This will include playing a key role in tooling set-up as it pertains to application requirements, tooling recommendations to meet “lowest total installed cost” goals, and continuous improvement to all tooling product lines.
Relocation assistance is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide backup mechanical support for Automated fastener installation systems both onsite and remotely throughout the US and Canada.
- Provide mechanical support for Process monitoring fastener installation systems worldwide.
- Provide basic training to new end users on tooling and process monitoring operation of automated fastener installation systems.
- Work with Tooling and Automation Engineers and Supply Chain Manager to maintain BOM for Sherex Process Monitoring Systems.
- Assist with tooling repairs on both hydro-pneumatic and calibration tools
- Maintain and service current product installation tooling product lines to ensure designs and functions meet customer requirements. Includes range from simple hand tools to complex automated systems.
- Troubleshoot major and minor quality or design issues to current tooling lines.
- Train customers and co-workers on use and function of tools.
- Evaluate and repair installation tools that have been returned by strategic customers
- Use SolidWorks to draw new prints for customer and internal use. (Desired)